One simple Act of Kindness can really brighten someone’s day! It’s a great tool for the workplace to encourage teamwork as well as employee recognition and retention. Random Acts of Kindness can improve your work atmosphere and boost your motivation. Below are some tips to quickly brighten your colleagues’ workdays.
1. Give Recognition – Employee recognition gifts can help keep team members motivated and let them know that you think they are doing a good job. Some ideas – a gift card to a store or restaurant they like or even a monthly subscription box.
2. Start a Workplace Kindness Calendar – Each week, a different team member can volunteer to bring in breakfast treats, organize a donation drive, or do something else that inspires kindness and community at work. Or, for more ideas, download this calendar from randomactsofkindness.org >> Kindness Calendar
4. Thank You Notes – Giving a thank you note to someone who helped you meet a deadline, showed you how to work through a process, or who is supportive at work is really easy. It’s also great to receive recognition for the work you’ve done! Include a message of positivity, a joke, or an inspiring quote. (Just make sure it’s appropriate for work.)
5. Bring a Little More Positivity into the Workplace – Instead of complaining about traffic or construction, try to say something positive at least once a day when making small talk.
7. Bring in a Slow Cooker of Soup or a Treat for the Office – If you work in an office, you know that people love to eat! Make your coworkers’ day and bring a bit of comfort from home, into the office.
8. Write a Positive LinkedIn Review for Your Coworker – There’s no better way to share your support for those in your industry than sharing it with other professionals on social media.
9. Set out a Candy Dish – Having a stocked candy dish will encourage people to stop by just to say hi and grab a piece of candy.
Some other fun ideas:
- Make a fresh pot of coffee
- Clean the microwave (even if it isn’t your mess)
- Hold the door open for the person behind you
- Give a compliment
- Leave a favourite coffee or soda on a co-worker’s desk
- Send a note to the boss describing something spectacular that a colleague has recently done at work
- Help an officemate with a difficult or unpleasant task without being asked
- Brush ice or snow off coworkers’ cars in the parking lot
- Ask a newbie out to lunch
- Pass on your favourite books
Download the Random Acts of Kindness Calendar from http://www.randomactsofkindness.org/kindness-at-work here >> CALENDAR