Did you know – Writing on physical paper leads to stronger brain activity? Writing by hand increases brain activity in recall tasks over taking notes on a tablet or smartphone. Additionally, those who write by hand on paper are 25% quicker at note-taking tasks than those who use digital technology. ~ NeuroscienceNews.com
Here are some other reasons putting pen to paper, is still a smart move!
1. The best way to increase the odds of achieving your goals is to write them down.
Research has shown only three out of 10 people write down their goals; and yet that 30 percent has been found to achieve more than the other 70 percent combined.
2. If you write it out in longhand, you’re more likely to remember it.
Studies have found the act of touching pen to paper allows you to recall what you’re writing in a way that touching a keyboard does not.
3. A handwritten sentence holds more permanence than one typed on a screen.
Sometimes we need to read our initial thoughts in order to gain a deeper understanding of the intended result. You can’t hit the backspace button on a notepad; nor can you hit one on life.
4. There are fewer disruptions available when writing on pen and paper.
We all know that when you want to get something done, the first step is avoiding the Internet. When writing longhand, you shut out the temptations of checking social media feeds, sports scores or the latest celebrity gossip.
5. Written lists allow a more tangible way of tracking success.
Fellow list-writers understand there are few things as satisfying as placing a physical checkmark beside an item on a to-do list. Written lists and goals enable you to see and celebrate your progress.