March 8th is International Women’s Day! We would like to look at some recent developments of women in the workplace (our own head office consists of 75% female employees, including top leadership positions)! While there are many more strides to be made – it’s great to see gender equality taking shape over time:
- women were 47.3% of the total labour force in 2016 (compared to 37.1% in 1976) [Source]
- between 1976 and 2007 employment for mothers with children under 6 years old more than doubled from 31.5% to 68.1% [Source]
- by 2012, college attendance went up to 71% for women (while staying stagnant at 61% for men) [Source]
- Women in executive roles earn 72.3% of what men in the same position earn [Source]
- 15.6% of SMBs are majority owned by women, and 19.7% are equally owned by women and men [Source]
- in 2015, Prime Minister Trudeau named 15 women and 15 men to his cabinet, marking the first ever gender-balanced cabinet in Canadian history! [Source]
These are just some of the stats that show the progress we’re making in having equality at the workplace. While not perfect it does show change towards the positive! If you’re looking for more resources, tools and articles on the gender gap in the workplace check out World Economic Forum’s Women & Work section.
Stamps seem to be one of those outdated items that we never keep top of mind. But can be beneficial in today’s digital age? Absolutely.
Stamps, including custom options, can help your business by:
Keeping Things Organized
Have a hard time keeping track of what invoice has been paid? Need a review date on a proposal? Having a stamped date on certain documents can ensure their accuracy and allows for easy future review (who wants to memorize the dates of all paid invoices?).
Whether you’re approving new patients, customers or prescriptions – having a customized stamp can make official documents feel more welcome. Feel free to include your logo/branding, contact information or even a smiley face (having fun is encouraged in business) to help brighten your customer’s day! Custom stamps build on your organization’s branding efforts – using them regularly throughout all documents can help with top of mind awareness with customers.
Variety of Options/Sizes
We tend to think of stamps as one-size-fits-all, however stamps (particularly custom ones) come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Whether you need something for envelopes or larger printer format paper sizes – there is a fit for all needs!
So what are you waiting for? Find one of our locations near you and stamp in to see all of our options!
Did you know that January 31st of each year is Inspire Your Heart With Art Day? Regardless if you’re an art connoisseur, hobby painter or just a doodler, art has had some influence in all of our lives. Since ancient time art has been regarded as a significant influence in reflection upon inner selves:
We hope you take some time on this day to appreciate art and what it truly means to us as a creative outlet. Here are some ways we encourage you to fill up your heart with art:
- visit an art gallery or exhibit
- start your own masterpiece
- We’ve put together some tips on how to do so:
- add an adult colouring book as a creative outlet (offers plenty of benefits)
- connect with local artists and creative community
We hope you get your fill this national #InspireYourHeartWithArtDay! Feel free to share this day with colleagues, friends and family!