Did you know that January 31st of each year is Inspire Your Heart With Art Day? Regardless if you’re an art connoisseur, hobby painter or just a doodler, art has had some influence in all of our lives. Since ancient time art has been regarded as a significant influence in reflection upon inner selves:
We hope you take some time on this day to appreciate art and what it truly means to us as a creative outlet. Here are some ways we encourage you to fill up your heart with art:
- visit an art gallery or exhibit
- start your own masterpiece
- We’ve put together some tips on how to do so:
- add an adult colouring book as a creative outlet (offers plenty of benefits)
- connect with local artists and creative community
We hope you get your fill this national #InspireYourHeartWithArtDay! Feel free to share this day with colleagues, friends and family!
In our digital lives, we’ve forgotten the value of hard Copies. But who among us hasn’t experienced a computer crash, hard drive mishap or lost email?
All of these things make your digital records vulnerable and highlight the importance of the paper copy. Concerned? Read on.
These days, it’s common for employees, clients and distributors to sign electronic contracts. If you aren’t backing these up with hard copies, you could be on a road toward a setback. If your email is compromised — through hacking or crashing or an accidental ‘delete’ — you could find yourself in a real pickle. Imagine renegotiating all of the contracts with your employees or suppliers? Yeah, it’s not a pretty thought. Print hard copies and store them securely.
Private information — like social insurance numbers or client details — is ripe fruit for hackers. Keep the information you hold dear safe, by keeping it on paper.
Prevent a catastrophic crash.
We’ve all experienced the 9th inning computer crash. It’s that moment when the presentation is set to begin, and you plug in your computer… and nothing shows up. If you don’t have your presentation in hard copy, you’re in trouble. Repeat after us: print, print and print again.
Barack Obama. Paul McCartney. Oprah Winfrey. Tracy from accounting. These are just a few of the great left-handers that have impacted our lives. And on August 13, we’re paying tribute to them.
After years of struggling with scissors and can-openers, southpaws are getting the recognition and respect they deserve. It’s Left-Handers Day! And to celebrate, we’re sharing a few things that make lefties so special.
- 13% of the world’s population is left-handed. And it’s not by random luck. Scientists believe that the trait is genetic, meaning it runs in certain families.
- Mensa says that 20% of its brainy members are lefties.
- Lefties are better drivers. According to one study, being left-handed makes you 10% more likely to pass your driving test on the first try.
- Of the team of five that developed the first-ever Mac computer, 80% were left-handed.
- If you’re left-handed, you likely earn 15% more than your right-handed peers. Studies show that this may have to do with lefties being well-suited to leadership and entrepreneurial roles.
- Though roughly one-in-ten people are left-handed, one-quarter of Apollo astronauts were lefties.
- According to the ancient Zuni people, left-handedness was a sign of wisdom and good luck.