When it comes to the world of garbage bags, there are so many choices! Density, size, strength and colour are all features you need to consider when determining which bag is right for your application. Let us help you to navigate the various choices and help you determine which bag is right for you!
1. SELECT THE RIGHT BAG TYPE FOR YOUR APPLICATION
Linear Low Density
- Excellent tear strength, stretch and puncture resistance
- Ideal for heavy waste and sharp or jagged trash
- Available in flat and star bottom
- Limited tear strength and stretch
- Ideal for wet, bulky trash; not recommended for sharp objects
2. CHOOSE THE RIGHT SIZE
- Use 1/2 of the outer circumference of the container
- The height of the container plus 1/2 of the diameter of the container bottom, plus 3” (for overhang).
- For square or rectangular containers, use the diagonal of the container bottom rather than the diameter.
3. DETERMINE THE REQUIRED BAG STRENGTH
How much does the liner need to hold?
- Typically, the thicker the bag the more weight it can hold
- Liners are identified as light, medium, heavy and extra-heavy
4. CHOOSE A COLOUR
- Hide unsightly trash
Silver or coloured
- Great for aesthetics
- Prevent theft and/or recycling
Now that you’ve learned about the difference in garbage bags, you can confidently select the right bag for you!