Did you know that 45% of consumers will go out of their way to buy Canadian-made products? Why would someone want to go out of their way just to buy a Canadian made product you ask? Well, we’ve compiled this list of some really good reasons!
- Creating and giving jobs back to Canadians, thus keeping our dollars at home. Independent Canadian businesses provide 77% of all private jobs in Canada.
- Quality control. Canadian manufacturers are highly regarded for their strict quality control standards. “Made in Canada” has earned its reputation of being high quality and durable.
- Direct communication. The barriers that once existed between Canadian manufacturer and consumer are diminishing and never before has it been easier to directly communicate with the manufacturer to have any questions or requests answered.
- Products from Canada produce less carbon footprint for you to receive the goods, which is a tremendous aide to the environment. For example, a product made in Canada requires 25 times less transportation than a similar product made overseas. 2
- No duty or brokerage fees are needed to bring the product into the country, which would otherwise need to be added to the cost of the product and therefore potentially making the product more expensive than its Canadian-made equivalent.
- Health and safety are carefully regulated in Canada, as opposed to overseas plants. We can feel good about buying products made in Canada!
- Supports our communities. When we buy Canadian we are contributing to the enrichment of our communities and could be contributing to the survival of a struggling local family business.
Ready to start buying more Canadian-made products? Be sure to look for products from these Canadian manufacturers when browsing our catalogue or shopping online!
There is just one way to see all of this great country in a single trip: take the train. Slow and magical, a train journey across Canada is the best way to celebrate our country’s sesquicentennial — yes, that’s a word.
The best part? We’re going to help you do it. Keep reading to see the beautiful highlights of a VIA Rail trip across Canada — and how you could win one.
The Fraser River
Wind your way along the stunning banks of the Fraser River. British Columbia’s longest river has been providing salmon and clean water to local inhabitants for thousands of years. Oh, and it’s gorgeous, too.
The Canadian Rockies are a must-see, once-in-a-lifetime experience. And there is no experience more romantic than seeing them by train.
If you’re doing the cross-Canada, your midway point will be marked by golden, endless fields. Canada is full of unique landscapes, and the Prairies are among the most notable. Lose track of time and relax into the serenity of their golden glow.
The True North
So few of us ever see Canada’s true north. Travel the 1160 kilometres from Jasper to Prince Rupert for a small glimpse of the north’s beautiful forests and rugged landscape.
Framed by mountains and stunningly gorgeous, Jasper will take your breath away. Get off the train for a stroll around town or sit still, and watch as the train winds along rivers and lakes.
Packing your bags yet? Don’t forget to enter — and your trip could be free! Just purchase any Swingline® or Quartet® product before July 1, 2017 and enter for a chance to win a $1500 VIA Rail travel voucher.