For workers required to wear earplugs on the job, there are many factors that can affect which type they will prefer, or will be required to wear. Depending on these factors, you or your employee may choose to wear reusable earplugs – some benefits are listed below.
Benefits of Reusable earplugs:
- Are washable and have flexible, elastic flanges attached to a handle/grip
- Can be reused many times, resulting in less waste
- Cost-effective because they are replaced less often
- Can be inserted when hands are dirty or when gloves are worn
- Material doesn’t absorb moisture, making them ideal for wet conditions or when workers perspire heavily
- Have a moderate attenuation which allows workers to hear more sound when a high noise reduction rating (NNR) isn’t needed
Watch the video for steps to ensure proper use!
Earplugs only work well when they are used properly. See the video below for the proper steps to take when using reusable earplugs.
Looking for earplugs for your facility?
Contact us! We carry many varieties and we can help you select the earplug that is perfect for your application.